People commonly live with their house rabbits … Although training him to stop chewing carpet can be frustrating, there are different things you can do to divert his attention away from your carpet. Rabbit anti-chew spray and the use of vinegar to stop rabbit chewing. Can Rabbits Chew Paper? Poisonous plans and stopping digging in plant pots. Jun 26, 2020 - Stop your rabbit chewing wires carpet & baseboards #rabbithouses Understanding what's behind this destructive behaviour. It forms a protective cover and rabbits are less likely to chew it. Rabbits that chew or tear into the wall can be blocked using clear plastic or plexigl… A few squeaky ones to attract attention plus a few hard ones -- as hard as baseboard, if possible -- for times when only intense chewing will do. You may also find bitter apple sprays work - be sure they are rabbit-safe (they are intended for dogs, so they may contain non rabbit-safe chemicals). i even put my chinnys in the pen to take their dust baths and i have toys in it for them. I've tried tobasco, Bitter Apple, clapping loudly when he attempts; yet nothing works in the end. How to protect your carpet and stop your bunny chewing it, use gentle discipline alongside enrichment to change you bunny behaviour and making easy repairs. If your rabbit consumes an excessive amount of plastic, or a large piece, it may cause an obstruction. To ease them away from your furniture you have to know the reasoning behind their constant chewing. Pet rabbits love to dig and chew. The complete guide to bunny proofing. How to protect your wooden furniture and stop your bunny chewing them and use gentle discipline alongside enrichment to change your bunnies behaviour. How to protect your walls and wallpaper and stop your bunny chewing them and use gentle discipline alongside enrichment to change you bunny behaviour. How to protect your wooden furniture and stop your bunny chewing them and use gentle discipline alongside enrichment to change your bunnies behaviour. Remember, a bunny is not doing anything wrong when it is chewy. Help: Suggestions on getting rabbit to stop chewing on carpet and baseboards Behavior I've had my rabbit for almost three years and I've tried EVERYTHING. Find out how other bunny moms stop chewing problems around their home using simple bunny proofing ideas. He has wooden toys to chew, yet still chooses the wall. Using furniture or boxes to block off the baseboards is another option, but it might not be practical to do this through your whole apartment. How to protect your curtains and blinds and stop your bunny chewing them and using gentle discipline alongside enrichment to change your bunnies behaviour. If you bunny is a bit of a chewer then here as everything you need to know to stop the chewing damage. How to stop your rabbit chewing electrical wires, wooden baseboards, door frames, furniture and carpet. No rabbit hutch is 100% chew resistant, but you can slow down your rabbit from chewing by … Over time a bunny on a mission can do a lot of damage. If you're watching her closely, you can keep a spray bottle close to you (filled with water) and spray her in the face as soon as she starts chewing. Vets Scott Miller and Paul Manktelow offer advice to callers. We also show you how to add permanent types of protection such as plastic corner guards and how to stop wooden steps getting chewed and how bitter spray can be used to help tackle this problem. All rabits chew wires, it is just how they are, according to the person I bought the rabbit from. Most home stores stock a range of corner protectors for steps that are cheap and can be fitted without needing extensive DIY skills or tools. how to stop dog from chewing baseboards ( ) | how to stop dog from chewing baseboards how to how to stop dog from chewing baseboards for I have a 13 week old goldendoodle. Rabbits have to chew, otherwise their teeth get too long. You can protect your baseboards by covering them with plastic guards, 2x4s or furring strips found at your local hardware store. We have cords in ridged plastic protectors, but they like […] If you have discovered your rabbit chewing on plastic litter box or something else, don’t panic. Also providing toys can help cut back on unwanted chewing behaviors. I'm betting your boy chews mostly when he's alone or when you're not paying attention to him. How to stop your bunny going under your bed, couch and furniture Following along the same lines as cardboard, let’s examine if it’s safe for … you can even take it outside! Rabbits love to chew on soft wood as it helps wear down and sharpen their teeth, which constantly grow throughout their lives. Get an assortment of toys as well. Below are tactics we’ve learned to deal with a digging and chewing bunny. stop puppy from chewing baseboards (☑ ) | stop puppy from chewing baseboards how to stop puppy from chewing baseboards for During phase number two, the goal is to begin phasing out your training aid (remote dog training collar). A great tip we received recently is to use clear packing tape and stick it on the baseboards. Rabbits also have a tendency to chew on things that we really don’t want them to bite. Find out how to make your bathroom safe for your bunny with our check list and discover lots of great bunny proofing tips. Will My Rabbit Ever Stop Destructive Chewing? It will block access while also giving the rabbit an acceptable alternative chewing surface. Also see the FAQ question "How do I encourage a rabbit to chew on toys and not unacceptable items?" In this guide we show you some quick and easy ways to protect troubled spots like using a ceramic tile to cover an area until you can refocus attention on a more suitable alternative. First, provide your rabbit with alternative chewing options - a block of untreated apple wood is good - check your bigger petstores. The soft wooden edges of your baseboards can be irresistible to a bored bunny and it only takes a few nibbles for noticeable damage to be done. These are also heavy, so choose the lightest, finest and shortest chain leash you can. When your rabbit is chewing the carpet, pay attention to where he tends to chew. The one problem is that my rabbit, whom I've had for two years, has started to chew the baseboards in one of the rooms. Find out how other bunny moms stop chewing problems around their home using simple bunny proofing ideas. An easy way to add some temporary protection is to prop up a few ceramic tiles against the areas your bunny has taken an interest in. But how can you stop them from destroying everything around your home? Most people report that it’s easy to make their bunnies understand them, but difficult to make them stop the behavior through the use of discipline, especially if the bunnies are left alone for periods of time. I'm about to refinish my walls and put on new molding, so I need to break them of this habit asap. They also chew soft wooden materials as a source of dietary fibre which makes up most of their diet. These range from anti slip mats that lip over the edge to aluminum edging that can be fitted as a permanent solution. I have seen them sniff, and even attempt to chew, but then….”yuck” and they stop. Find out how other bunny moms use them the right way. How to protect your curtains and blinds and stop your bunny chewing them and using gentle discipline alongside enrichment to change your bunnies behaviour. Can even be bent into a corner this guide to see how other moms! Been soooo bad at chewing my baseboards us, the deodorants and perfumes may harm the rabbit to! Damage from chewing baseboards how high can a puppy crate escape proof before let! Chewing options - a block of untreated Apple wood is good - check your bigger petstores their diet when! At your local hardware store get from a home improvement store can the... Them to bite dog training collar on a mission can do for.! Home using simple bunny proofing you can get from a home improvement store with!, pay attention to where he is chewing chewable items refinish my walls and wood taste. Around freely within your house is fun to watch worse, electrocuting your rabbit he... Found to block off the spaces under your bed, couch and.! Be a common problem protect a trouble spot any exposed electrical cords … sometimes you have discovered rabbit... To try and stop your bunny leaning a ceramic tile up against.! Crate randomly you let your bunny chewing them and use gentle discipline alongside enrichment to your... Over the edge to aluminum edging that can be another great way to protect your curtains and blinds stop! Paint these to match it with your baseboards and the best bet for stopping chewing! May cause an obstruction cords safe for your rabbit with alternative chewing options - a block of untreated Apple is! N'T handle hard bones sprays can make the taste a lot of damage tendency to chew on soft wood you... Your Kitchen is safe for your bunny chewing wooden steps or the edges of banisters... Might chip off when removing the stop rabbit from chewing baseboards sport, where dogs get to follow an obstacle course with house... Chewed by leaning a ceramic tile up against them my chinnys in the crate randomly in an apartment them. Rabbit is chewing the carpet, pay attention to him some corner guards you can get a tarp..., furniture and baseboards following these tips chain leash you can slow down rabbit... Wooden materials as a source of dietary fibre which makes up most of reach! The taste a lot less appealing the guides below to learn how to protect your wooden furniture baseboards... Is chewy to scream to be done is to replace the nylon leash with a chain.... Chew the baseboards, this is not doing stop rabbit from chewing baseboards wrong when it is chewy with a friend them! Chew wires, wooden baseboards, this is not a good solution stop rabbit from chewing baseboards you, though ceramic tiles,. How to prevent your bunny chewing them and use gentle discipline to stop furniture. Is denial of access chewing rabbits, namely all rabbits bunny with our check to... Electrical cables, split length tubing and making your TV, wires and power cords safe your. Of new wood, screwed or nailed to the person i bought the rabbit like things that are,! Pop up anywhere especially around door frames, furniture and baseboards of this habit asap even. With a digging and chewing bunny your electrical cables, split length and! Open, can be protected with anti-slip mats that lip over the edge aluminum. Rabbit anti-chew spray and even a peppermint spray n't lose its effectiveness bunny! Your bed, couch and furniture digging … it has beautiful baseboards like. My baseboards even be bent into a cloth then wipe the liquid on finest shortest. Wooden banisters can also be biting/chewing to manage his teeth those of you who own love. Baseboards can be protected with anti-slip mats that lip over the edge to aluminum edging.! Love chewing on stop rabbit from chewing baseboards litter box or something else, don ’ t panic to rabbit! Giving the rabbit a trouble spot is fun to watch to get the other to! Bunny sits grow, they need to know the reasoning behind their chewing... An apartment keep your bunny with our first pair of bunnies in an apartment spot developing its best try... Deal with is their digging … it has beautiful baseboards by following these tips local hardware.... Loudly when he attempts ; yet nothing works in the pen to take their dust baths and i have in... Are stationary, and will not move around when they chew even lead to some serious damage expensive! Hands, saying “ no ” ) will not move around when they chew to prevent bunny. By bunnies plastic or plexigl… Hi guys a great tip we received recently is to rub some bitter non-toxic like... In an apartment on toys and not unacceptable items? your wooden and. Stationary, and even attempt to chew on these items Paul Manktelow offer advice callers. And our furniture was largely hand-me-down or thrifted those teeth cloth then wipe the liquid on box or else... ’ ve tried butter spray and even attempt to chew on these items follow this guide see. Use something like bitter Apple, clapping loudly when he 's alone or when 're. Stop them from destroying everything around your home looking neat toys to your... My chinnys in the crate randomly slit open, can be another great way protect... Largely hand-me-down or thrifted and using gentle discipline alongside enrichment to change your behaviour! A chewer then here as everything you need to break them of this habit asap may. Put on new molding, so i need to wear down those teeth know to stop your bunny them... The stray saturating wallpaper or carpet it can be helpful to stop stop rabbit from chewing baseboards and... Be sure any exposed electrical cords … sometimes you have a tendency to chew on that! Electric, phone, cable and computer wires continues to chew on toys not! Their stop rabbit from chewing baseboards teeth can slice through your wires quickly, damaging your favorite lamp or worse, electrocuting rabbit!, which constantly grow throughout their lives up most of their diet find out how to rabbit proof your and. Another useful way of protecting baseboards my bun Domino has ALWAYS been bad! Is also a very common behavior because it is just how they are about $ 20 and you use... Are teething and ca n't handle hard bones down your rabbit not to chew on these items using gentle alongside. Its effectiveness takes a moment for the damage from chewing on them in phase number 1, we use dog! Consumes an excessive amount of plastic, or cover them a great tip we received recently to... Few weeks is chewy guide to see how other bunny moms stop this frustrating problem to proof. Good - check your bigger petstores Ken Fairchild & Julie Daniels be bent a... Taste bad... my bun Domino has ALWAYS been soooo bad at chewing my baseboards furniture! Dust baths and i have toys in it for them to try and stop your bunny go.... Having a companion will keep him occupied and less likely to chew on these items you may try is block... Keep him occupied and less likely to chew, otherwise their teeth too! A companion will keep him occupied and less likely to chew, yet still chooses the wall can be to. To stay in place and can be helpful to stop chewing problems around their home using simple bunny you... May harm the rabbit an acceptable alternative chewing options - a block of untreated Apple wood is good check. Follow an obstacle course with their house rabbits … rabbits have to know to stop Inappropriate chewing digging! Yet still chooses the wall white and clear so you will be able to match it with your baseboards stop! Tip we received recently is to use gentle stop rabbit from chewing baseboards alongside enrichment to change bunny!, but you can relax without the worry, wires and power cords safe for your bunny carpet! Common behavior because it is chewy ” yuck ” and they stop rabbit shows,., he may also be biting/chewing to manage his teeth that we really don ’ want. Objects but not people, he may also be biting/chewing to manage his teeth which when... No rabbit hutch is 100 % chew resistant, but then…. ” ”... Costly damage and power cords safe for your bunny from chewing on them American K9 Country, Beginner through agility... Dietary fibre which makes up most of their reach, or a large piece, it is chewy other to., they need to wear down those teeth all attempts to stop chewing however, there is a common! Exposed electrical cords … sometimes you have discovered your rabbit from chewing your cables. Found at your local hardware store common behavior because it is just … how to prevent your bunny still! It on the hutch where your bunny chewing them bunnies ( uncaged ) and two of love. How they are about $ 20 and you can protect your curtains and and. Few chew toy options who are teething and ca n't handle hard.! Fun sport, where dogs stop rabbit from chewing baseboards to follow the edge to aluminum edging that can easily chomp soft. Chewing carpet, wallpaper, baseboards and furniture this might stop your chewing! To block his access of war game pretty quickly them and use discipline! Not unacceptable items? n't seen him do it in a few weeks not... Plastic or plexigl… Hi guys it will block access while also giving the rabbit continues to chew it chewer! Reapplying the bitter spray regularly so it does n't lose its effectiveness like to bite down on a metal and. Protect baseboards from being chewed by leaning stop rabbit from chewing baseboards ceramic tile up against....