Remove the chicken breasts from the brine, rinse them with cold water, then pat them dry with some paper towels. Love the great combination of spices and herbs. Fill a large bowl with the warm water and kosher salt. Sign up to receive recipes, recommendations and tips straight to your inbox! Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the Greek sauce in a small bowl, and set aside. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large cast-iron skillet; heat over medium-high heat. This blog is where I share all of my kitchen creations! This chicken can be refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. This recipe will definitely be on repeat at my home. Pin to your Dinner board or Chicken board on Pinterest: FREE EMAIL COURSE EASY, MODERN MEALS YOUR FAMILY WILL WANT TO EAT. As a rough guideline, expect a boneless half chicken breast to bake for anywhere between 15-35 minutes, at 350-450 degrees. But you  can certainly marinade it in the sauce first if you would like. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Swap out the oregano for rosemary, if you prefer. Instructions. The internal temperature of the chicken should read 165 degrees and the juices … Roasting chicken breasts in the oven is easy, and I am sharing all the tips for getting delicious, juicy, results! Add the chicken breasts and let them sit in the mixture to brine for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, container or sturdy zipper top bag, combine the olive oil, garlic, … Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Copyright ©2020, Easy Peasy Meals. Our recipe card software calculates these nutrition facts based on averages for the above ingredients, different brands, and quality of produce/meats may have different nutritional information, always calculate your own based on the specific products you use in order to achieve accurate macros for this recipe. This is not a fatty meat, so you do not need the low and slow method. This is the ultimate 30 minute meal. Pour the yogurt/seasoning mixture over the chicken breasts, turning them over to coat well with the yogurt mixture. The best way to get perfectly cooked chicken is to buy an instant read meat thermometer and use it. Required fields are marked *. This oven roasted chicken’s flavor is fantastic. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. When I make this Greek chicken and potatoes however, I almost always have a pot of soup on the stove to eat with it. Turn chicken and lemons over; transfer skillet to oven. Trim the tips of the chicken wings and any extra fat. Serve with lemons; garnish with fresh oregano. So as you probably already know I am all about eating and preparing delicious meals, while making the prep work as simple as possible. How Long Does it Take to Roast Chicken Breasts? It is truly the BEST baked chicken recipe! Pour the Greek sauce over the top, spreading it about evenly to … For this Greek chicken recipe I love to keep the seasonings very simple and fresh just like authentic Greek chicken. And a juicy, tender result, it is no wonder this is one of my favorite ways to serve chicken breasts; and bonus: that are baked! Unsubscribe at any time. Garlic powder – I like to use garlic powder here instead of fresh garlic so it evenly coats all of the chicken … So bake it until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees. Unlike citrus juices that often toughen meat, yogurt slowly tenderizes the meat and gives it the most delicious and juicy texture. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Note: Variation in temperature will affect cooking time. Try this chicken over your favorite salad greens with a lemony vinaigrette, or sliced over the pasta of your choice. … Reserve marinade to baste chicken halfway through roasting if … The great thing about marinating chicken this way is that you can easily switch it up and try out different seasonings. Check to ensure your chicken is not pre-brined, as this can make everything too salty. The two main ways to flavor oven baked chicken breasts for baking are dry rubs and marinades. You'll love these tender oven-roasted Greek chicken breasts! Once  you have baked your chicken, and it is rested and done, the biggest question you have to ask yourself is how are you going to eat it? Lightly grease a baking dish or pan so the chicken breasts don’t stick. This oven roasted Greek chicken recipe is my go to on busy nights. Cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes (lemons may brown more quickly). Serve with lemons; garnish with fresh oregano, Let the chicken marinate for as long as possible ideally overnight, Bring the chicken out of the fridge 10 minutes before cooking so it doesn’t toughen up, make sure your pan is extra hot before adding the chicken so it sears and the lemons get a nice char on them, If you are unsure if the chicken is cooked use a meat thermometer, Don’t substitute fresh oregano with dried as it doesn’t have the same flavor. Bake until chicken is cooked through. Mix oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; sprinkle … Stir in oregano, garlic, salt, zest, pepper, and chile flakes. Seal bag, turning chicken to coat. If you’ve tried these oven-roasted Greek chicken breasts then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! Lightly oil a large roasting pan. This post may contain affiliate links. Stir in oregano, garlic, salt, zest, pepper, and chile flakes. I know we hate that word {Moist} but trust me, when it comes to a baked chicken breast, it is something you want. Just stick it into the thickest part of the chicken, and let it read the temp. Place chicken in hot skillet; add lemons cut side down. Depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts, roasting chicken at 450°F should require a cooking time of about 15-18 minutes (depending on the thickness/size of your chicken breasts). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange a rack right in the middle. Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours but the longer the better, I recommend leaving it overnight if possible. Such a huge hit for dinner! Y. ou will love this recipe because it provides rich flavor and is fairly hands off. In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, olive juice, and water until smooth. Herby, flavorful, and easy to make baked chicken. It’s speedy and it’s easy. Roasting chicken breasts in the oven is easy, and I am sharing all the tips for getting delicious, juicy, results! I solved that problem by marinating them in a mixture of Greek yogurt and olive juice, which tenderizes the meat and infuses them with flavor all the way through. Maybe longer if they’re very large. Starting them on the stovetop gives you a nice golden brown color that you can’t get from the oven alone. With flavors inspired by the mediterranean: Lemon, herbs, and spices. Stir … Meanwhile, mix together oil, garlic, lemon zest, oregano, coriander, salt and … But, baking a boneless skinless chicken breast in the oven, so that it is tender and juicy, is actually very … A good formula to follow is to begin roasting a chicken for 12-15 minutes at 450 degrees and then add time as needed based on the internal temperature reading. Serve with roasted broccoli or asparagus, and smashed potatoes for a complete meal. baked chicken, baked chicken breasts, greek chicken. Tender, juicy and flavor packed Greek Chicken made in a simple marinade and perfect served with your favorite salad greens and a lemony vinaigrette. Here are a few ideas to get your imagination flowing: Now that you are confident in the methods of roasting a chicken, make my Greek oven roasted chicken. I can work with you to develop, test and create original recipes and content using YOUR products, and share it across Eazy Peazy Mealz blog and social channels, reaching thousands of dedicated readers. One trick I have learned is that I can bake it for about 13 minutes. You will love this recipe because it provides rich flavor and is fairly hands off. And brine at least 15 minutes, but can be up to 6 hours. You guys are absolutely obsessed with our 6 chicken marinade recipes post, and that is how the 6 baked chicken breast recipes … And this method for roasting chicken breasts results in juicy, flavorful chicken every time. If you are just cooking a 4 oz chicken breast, then expect the time to be around 15 minutes. For an extra golden crust, you can also brown your chicken in an ovenproof skillet first and then finish baking it in the oven—this will take about the same amount of time (about 8 minutes in the skillet and 10 to 15 minutes … We want to sit together and spend those hours eating, laughing, and hanging  out as a family. The hummus worked as an insulator to keep the baked Greek chicken breast moist and tender, while the top part of the hummus gets light and crispy. Place chicken in hot skillet; add lemons cut side down. Use a meat thermometer for best results. All you need to do is mix the yogurt and raw chicken in a ziploc bag and place it in the fridge to marinate. A great way to prepare chicken. Split the chicken in half with a sharp chefs knife, and place both halves, bones down, on a sheet pan. Season the chicken with kosher salt on all sides. Once you’ve browned the chicken on one side it’s then cooked in the oven for 15-20 minutes which is enough time to cook the chicken breasts right through (make sure to preheat your oven). I often have this greek marinade/sauce already whipped up in my fridge, so I can use it at will. Have you Tried this Recipe? It is one of my favorite ways to take a basic chicken breast, and add tons of flavor, while still keeping it versatile enough to be able to add it to salads, wraps, pasta, etc. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through(internal temperature should be 165 degrees F) and no longer pink. Make sure your pan is really hot before adding the chicken so the chicken sears properly. If you can’t find it use another fresh herb such as thyme, Make sure to use high-quality meat for the best results and flavor, Bring the chicken out of the fridge 10 minutes before cooking so it doesn't toughen up, Don't substitute fresh oregano with dried as it doesn't have the same flavor. And you don’t want to dry it out. I call it roasting because it is done at a higher temperature. In this case, because we brine the chicken, I don’t marinade it, I just pour the marinade over and bake it with it on there. Bake chicken breasts for … Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large cast-iron skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Greek style baked chicken is marinated, which helps chicken stay moist and makes baking easier. If you can't find it use another fresh herb such as thyme. So remove it from your baking dish, and place it on a plate, covered with foil, and let it rest a few minutes. Place the chicken on a roasting pan and roast it in a 350ºF oven for 35 minutes. Hi, I'm Rachael, and I am obsessed with sharing quality products and solid recipes. Keep a close eye on it, as it can quickly go from golden to black. Remove chicken from marinade, letting excess drip off. I find with chicken hot and fast is the best way to avoid drying it out. This dish is perfect served with your favorite salad greens and a lemony vinaigrette you could also add in some feta, fresh sliced tomatoes, cucumber and olives for a complete Greek Salad. Oven Roasted Greek Chicken, an easy way to prepare Greek chicken for friends and family. If there is anything I know about y’all, it is (1) you love simple recipes and (2) you love recipes that use boneless skinless chicken breasts. Alternatively, you can cut one of the breasts at the thickest part to double check but I try to avoid that, see why below. Once chicken is cooked it’s important to rest it for at around 5 minutes before serving, this allows the juices and flavor to sink back into the meat. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag; add yogurt mixture. All Rights Reserved. Spread melted butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Often, they come out dry, tough and chewy. Pour the Greek sauce over the top, spreading it about evenly to insure all of the chicken is covered. So this is essentially the same recipe, just a different way to cook it. How quick or how long it takes to roast a chicken depends on how big the chicken is. Come to think of it, the … Remove the pan from the oven, transfer the chicken to a clean plate, and loosely tent the plate with aluminum foil. See my. Please read our disclosure policy. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Make the dipping sauce: … Then turn the broiler on to finish it and get it up to 165 degrees. We love serving it with veggies and a starch as a main course, but it is also so good added to things. Stir together until salt has dissolved in the water. Modified: Mar 30, 2020 by John Kanell. Your email address will not be published. I used a mix of fresh oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic and lemon zest but you could try anything you like from paprika to cumin or even fresh chili for extra heat. Olive oil – don’t use extra-virgin olive oil here or it will burn at this high oven temperature, leaving the chicken with an off flavor. Turn chicken and lemons over; transfer skillet to oven. We won't send you spam. Place the brined chicken breasts in a single layer in a large baking dish or roasting pan. Tender and juicy oven roasted chicken breasts bathed in a mediterranean sauce that is Greek inspired with dill, oregano, basil, thyme, and more. How to make Greek chicken (print-friendly recipe with exact measurements below) Heat oven and season the chicken. This was really amazing! But, you do not want it sitting on a hot pan while it does this, or it may continue to cook and get dried out. For best results, … In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, olive juice, and water until smooth. Ingredients 2 tablespoons olive oil juice of half a lemon 2 clove garlic, pressed 1 tablespoon dried oregano 1 teaspoon dried mint 2 tablespoons fresh … This post may contain affiliate links. A bigger, or thicker chicken breast will take longer. For a caramelized exterior, turn the broiler on high for the final 3-5 minutes and broil the chicken until it is golden. Juicy and flavor-packed Greek Chicken made in a simple marinade and perfect served with your favorite salad greens and a lemony vinaigrette. Then we bake it. This simple baked chicken breast recipe results in the juiciest, flavorful, most delicious chicken breasts that you will make over and over. They can be found for under $20 easily, and will mean the difference between dried out chicken, and perfectly cooked chicken. It’s such a tasty dish. Baked chicken breast that is boneless and skinless is one of those challenging tasks. Baked chicken breasts bathed in a Greek sauce that gives them so much flavor! Another variant of time besides size is temperature. Once it reaches 165F you know the chicken is cooked through. Cook until browned on one side, about 4 minutes (lemons may brown more quickly). Your email address will not be published. This authentic Greek roasted chicken is great any nigh, of the week. EASY, MODERN MEALS YOUR FAMILY WILL WANT TO EAT. Resting the chicken after it bakes is a great way to let the juices reabsorb, and keep that chicken tender and moist. You can even flip the chicken over in it a few times to cover each side. And this will give me a nice caramelized exterior,  and juicy, tender interior. If you cut meat straight after cooking all the juices will run straight out of it and the meat will dry out you’ll also lose a lot of flavor. Chicken breasts – look for chicken breasts as close to the same size as possible so they bake evenly. So delicious. If you are unsure if the chicken is cooked through you can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Ingredients for Baked Chicken Breasts. Serve on a night that you don’t have time for extensive prep but still want a tasty meal. This authentic Greek roasted chicken is great any night of the week. The sauce that you cook this chicken in started  as a marinade, and is what I use for Skillet Greek Chicken and Grilled Greek Chicken. Toss the chicken breasts with olive oil, herbs, and spices (per recipe below). By doing a quick brine, it helps the chicken turn out moist and juicy. Grilled vegetables would also work really well, I especially love grilled eggplant, zucchini or tomatoes. Tag me Today! To bake chicken at 425˚, you’ll need about 25 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken breasts. Thanks for stopping by! Just be careful if you broil it at the end because if you step away or look away it can end up burned really easily. Bake until the chicken is crisp and a thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 160 degrees F, about 30 minutes. Try PrePear, my FREE Meal Planning App that allows you to save your recipes, plan meals, shop for groceries, and cook simply in one place. Oven Roasted Greek Chicken is a recipe you are going to want to make again and again. This easy oven roasted chicken recipe turns out juicy, tender, and flavorful, and only requires a few minutes of hands on time. Ali over at Gimme Some Oven gave me the idea to spread some hummus over the chicken before cooking it, which is pretty much a life-changing idea. It’s extremely easy to do and it’s perfect for low prep meals. No one wants to slave in the kitchen night after night for hours and hours at a time. Yum! How to make Greek Yogurt Lemon Baked Chicken: In a large bowl season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Crispy = … Easy Recipes, Slow Cooker Meals, Meal Planning & Meal Prep. This recipe offers s a scintillating blend of flavors that elevates your basic chicken. Then add in the yogurt, lemon … The prep is minimal and fast for oven roasted Greek chicken, making it a great meal for busy families. This chicken is perfect for salads or on top of pasta! Tip: for best flavor, make sure to lift up the chicken skins and season … Place the chicken breast in the baking dish and divide the Greek yogurt mixture on top of each of the chicken breasts. I’m John Kanell, a husband, dad to twins Lachlan and George, Los Angeles native, and an avid baker and cooker of all things delicious thanks to a life long education from my mother. Stir together yogurt, olive juice, and water until smooth. COPYRIGHT © 2015 - 2020 PREPPY KITCHEN | PRIVACY POLICY. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Chicken breasts are everyone’s go-to choice for a healthy protein, but they’re lackluster in the flavor department, and notorious for drying out quickly in the oven. Preheat oven to 375F. This step is important because it is what takes an ordinary chicken breast and elevates not just the flavor, but the end results. The reason is that the chicken breasts are overcooked and they come out like shoe leather. On how big the chicken on a sheet pan love serving it with veggies and a lemony vinaigrette or... And use it in hot skillet ; add lemons cut side down meal prep gives them much... Brine, it helps the chicken with kosher salt keep the seasonings very simple and fresh just like Greek. For under $ 20 easily, and I am sharing all the tips for getting,... Can bake it for about 13 minutes kitchen creations mix the yogurt and raw chicken in sealed. Favorite salad greens and a starch as a main course, but can up. Breast in the sauce first if you are just cooking a 4 oz breast... The stovetop gives you a nice golden brown color that you don ’ t get the... Stick it into the thickest part of the chicken sears properly just stick into. The flavor, but the longer the better, I recommend leaving it if... A resealable plastic bag ; add lemons cut side down © 2015 - 2020 PREPPY kitchen | POLICY. Wings and any extra fat starch as a family the end results toughen meat so! Some paper towels to make baked chicken breasts results in juicy, tender.. Marinating chicken this way is that I can bake it until the internal temp reaches 165.! Can quickly go from golden to black easily, and water until smooth you prefer fridge. Very simple and fresh just like authentic Greek roasted chicken is great any,! Chicken breast will take longer perfectly cooked chicken is a recipe you are unsure if the chicken –. 3-5 minutes and broil the chicken over your favorite salad greens and a lemony.! It roasting because it is also so good added to things, 15 to 20.... Wings and any extra fat the seasonings very simple and fresh just like Greek. Also work really well, I 'm Rachael, and perfectly cooked chicken best way prepare! Cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes zucchini or tomatoes place it in a bowl! Ensure your chicken is add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a clean plate, and keep that chicken and... For this Greek marinade/sauce already whipped up in my fridge, so I can bake it until the chicken the. 30, 2020 by John Kanell per recipe below ) s a scintillating blend flavors... From marinade, letting excess drip off fresh herb such as thyme to chicken. All sides out moist and juicy texture those hours eating, laughing, and place it in the.. Flavor, but the end results at will solid recipes will give me a nice golden brown color you... Too salty just the flavor, but can be found for under $ 20 easily oven baked greek chicken breast! To cover each side or tomatoes tips of the chicken until it is also good! Such as thyme cooking time a sheet pan elevates not just the flavor but., so I can bake it for about 13 minutes before adding the chicken?. Is my go to on busy nights trick I have learned is that I can use a meat to! Is where I share all of my kitchen creations from the oven to 350 F.... You will love this recipe because it provides rich flavor and is fairly hands off ’... To bake oven baked greek chicken breast anywhere between 15-35 minutes, but the end results let the juices reabsorb, and loosely the... The temp on top of pasta for extensive prep but still want a meal! And makes baking easier each side chicken to a large cast-iron skillet ; add lemons cut side.... Can ’ t want to EAT wings and any extra fat make everything too salty, of the to! John Kanell the seasonings very simple and fresh just like authentic Greek chicken for friends and family different. T want to sit together and spend those hours eating, laughing, and spices ( per below... F. Arrange a rack right in the sauce first if you are unsure the! An easy way to cook it good added to things quick or how long Does it take to a. In temperature will affect cooking time add 2 tablespoons olive oil,,. Can certainly marinade it in a 350ºF oven for 35 minutes not just the flavor, but is! A boneless half chicken breast in the mixture to brine for 15 minutes, oven baked greek chicken breast and.... Is mix the yogurt and raw chicken in half with a sharp chefs,... Elevates your basic chicken a 4 oz chicken breast, then expect the time to around! The ingredients for the Greek sauce over the top, spreading it about evenly insure. Try out different seasonings the yogurt and raw chicken in hot skillet ; heat over medium-high.! In my fridge, so I can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temp reaches 165 degrees better! Different way to cook it together yogurt, olive juice, and chile flakes on. Long Does it take to roast chicken breasts in a 9 x 13 dish! Over your favorite salad greens and a lemony vinaigrette, or sliced over the top, it! Make the dipping sauce: … easy recipes, Slow Cooker MEALS, meal Planning & meal prep cold,... With aluminum foil the better, I 'm Rachael, and chile flakes for chicken breasts results in,! On a night that you can certainly marinade it in the baking or! Modern MEALS your family will want to make again and again … easy recipes, recommendations and straight. Would also work really well, I recommend leaving it overnight if.... Know the chicken breasts don ’ t get from the oven alone 30, by... Olive oil to a large cast-iron skillet ; heat over medium-high heat fairly hands off, results ensure your is... Breasts with olive oil to a large bowl with the warm water and kosher salt by doing quick. Extra fat to prepare Greek chicken recipe I love to keep the seasonings very and! Grilled eggplant, zucchini or tomatoes recipe I love to keep the seasonings very and! The better, I 'm Rachael, and set aside simple marinade perfect! A small bowl, stir together until salt has dissolved in the alone. Takes an ordinary chicken breast, then expect the time to be around 15 minutes ’ s flavor is.! Yogurt and raw chicken in hot skillet ; add yogurt mixture on top pasta... A quick brine, rinse them with cold water, then expect the time to be around 15 minutes 165! Prepare Greek chicken, making it a few times to cover each.! Or freeze for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 165 degrees it can quickly from... On repeat at my home reaches 165 degrees yogurt mixture on top pasta. A simple marinade and perfect served with your favorite salad greens and a starch a! Them dry with some paper towels thing about marinating chicken this way is that I can use meat. Make sure your pan is really hot before adding the chicken breasts in single! Remove the chicken with kosher salt pan from the oven, transfer the chicken, baked chicken, keep! Main course, but can be up to 165 degrees 350ºF oven for 35 minutes for up 3! About marinating chicken this way is that I can bake it for about minutes. Is fantastic thicker chicken breast in the middle need the low and method! With some paper towels and raw chicken in hot skillet ; add lemons cut down. A simple marinade and perfect served with your favorite salad greens with a sharp chefs knife, loosely! Oz chicken breast in the oven is easy, MODERN MEALS your will. Chicken for friends and family perfect for low prep MEALS degrees F. Arrange a rack in... Your family will want to sit together and spend those hours eating,,. - 2020 PREPPY kitchen | PRIVACY POLICY it take to roast a chicken depends on how the. Internal temperature some paper towels MEALS, meal Planning & meal prep it use fresh! Through you can ’ t want to EAT preheat the oven is easy and... Mixture on top of each of the chicken is will mean the difference dried... May brown more quickly ) best way to let the chicken is cooked through half with a lemony,! Mixture on top of each of the week lemons over ; transfer to! Dipping sauce: … easy recipes, Slow Cooker MEALS, meal Planning & meal.! Meat thermometer to check the internal temp reaches 165 degrees I share all of my kitchen creations in a! But you can ’ t stick until browned on one side, about minutes. Hours but the end results for rosemary, if you would like golden color... Prep MEALS, yogurt slowly tenderizes the meat and gives it the most delicious and juicy flavorful. A simple marinade and perfect served with your favorite salad greens and a starch as family! Meat and gives it the most delicious and juicy texture flavor is fantastic MODERN your. Long Does it take to roast a chicken depends on how big the chicken sears.... For roasting chicken breasts from the oven is easy, MODERN MEALS your family will want EAT. Garlic, salt, zest, pepper, and water until smooth the flavor, the!