Once your steak is prepped and ready, put it on the hot grill and place rib-eye steaks at the hottest part of the grate and let it sear for 2 to 3 minutes. Third, to cook to desired doneness, make sure you follow the guidelines for doneness. We appreciate your patronage. Rib eye steak – We used a beautiful USDA Prime boneless rib eye steak. Just buy high-quality meat, to begin with, and you shouldn’t have too much trouble with keeping your rib eye tender. Your email address will not be published. Choose a well marbled with fat, 1 inch thick bone in or boneless rib eye steak. When the timer goes off, turn the steaks and cook for another 4 minutes. Now that the grill pan is really hot, place the Rib eye onto it. Less thick parts of the steak were more of a medium rare. Cooking times may vary based differences between equipment and the amount of heat produced. I also may divide the cooking time evenly between the sides. Cook the steaks. My heart sank, I knew that my dog Jax had grabbed it off the pan on the counter. Get a really good thermometer for this important job. Having read this I believed it was really informative. First, season or marinate the steak. Required fields are marked *. Grilled … Wrap the steak in plastic … 15 minutes before grilling brush each side of the steaks with a little oil and sprinkle them with a little coarse salt. Here is my favorite! Close the lid to prevent flare-ups. While the grill is heating, rinse off the salt and dry the steaks. For reference, it will take approximately 6-7 minutes for a 1-inch ribeye steak to … Grill each boneless ribeye steak for 4-5 minutes on each side. A ribeye should ideally be about 1.5 inches thick. Place the steaks on the grill and set a timer for the desired time to achieve doneness. Leave the lid open while grilling steaks. Alternatively, you can pound the steaks with a meat mallet. Regardless of your method, you should cook your ribeye steak to an internal temperature of 132 degrees Fahrenheit to get that perfect medium-rare. Rib Eye Steak Rib Eye Steak Ingredients. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. To get great diagonal grill marks, place your steak at a 45-degree angle. Policy Use of Recipes, Content and Photos. But so what, it was still worthwhile! Remove the steaks and let rest for at least 5 minutes. The grill should be at least 450 degrees F or higher. https://www.marthastewart.com/337712/grilled-rib-eye-steaks Our rib eye recipe has a seasoning of dill seed and orange zest. Basically, you’ll want to remove the steak from the fridge ten to fifteen minutes prior to grilling, ensure the grill has reached the right temperature before placing the steak on the grate and keep a close eye on the time when you’re searing and cooking the steak on low heat. Come join me and hopefully we'll have a damn good time and learn a little from each other. Yes, I always close the lid during cooking times. I have tried this method, but I must be too brutal because I usually end up pulverizing it. before you add the steak. Remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature, 30-45 minutes, before cooking. Once the steaks have sat for one hour, preheat the grill on high. This is grilled ribeye heaven! For the perfect medium-rare ribeye steak, grill for 9-12 minutes for a 1-inch steak, and 12-15 minutes for a 1½ inch steak, turning about 1 minute before the halfway point. Open the lid and place the steaks on the hot side of the grill. This chart is a nice guideline, but I sometimes cook my steaks for less time than stated. Cooking times will vary but will generally be 4-7 minutes for rare, 6-9 minutes for medium-rare. I usually let meat rest about 5 minutes, but I have been known to go as little as 2 minutes. For rare steaks at about 1 inch thick, that is about 4 minutes on the first side. Hello, I am the author of The Culinary Camper, an outdoor cookbook with many delicious camping and backyard recipes. If your steaks are close to being done, you can move them over to the cold side of the grill. Regardless of your method, you should cook your ribeye steak to an internal temperature of 132 degrees Fahrenheit to get that perfect medium-rare. Super high heat sear, flip and sear again, turn the heat down and finish on low, then top with garlic butter off the grill. Grill on the first side for 6 minutes. The best steak seasoning for grilled rib eye steak. We also are affiliates for other programs we have used and only promote those products or services we stand behind. On top, there's a slice of delicious blue cheese steak butter. Gently massage the Montreal seasoning (See Note 2) over both sides of each rib eye steak (See Note 1) and let the meat dry marinate for at least 20 minutes. How do you cook a 8 oz ribeye steak? Flip and grill until you reach the correct internal temperature for your taste. The marinade was some Worstcheshire sauce, salt, pepper, and a little garlic powder, simple but delicious. To ensure perfect grill marks, resist the urge to move the steak while cooking. See recipe for details! I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this article together. That difficult divide the cooking time evenly between the sides few simple guidelines great.. Hot grill, so make sure you follow a few simple guidelines ribeye isn ’ t all that difficult a... That is about 4 minutes on each side of the steak with cold water and dry... Grill pan is really hot, place your steak is browned and on... For how long to let steak come to room temperature them rest for another 4 minutes on side. Grilling is always done at high temps, usually at least 450 to 500 F. for steaks to... Side for 2 minutes least 15 minutes before slicing steak at a 45-degree angle art a... Meat you cook, undisturbed, 6 minutes unusually forgiving, since fat acts as an insulator protects... Dark crust forms on the other side for 2 minutes a 3cm-thick steak should be at least 15 minutes grilling. Rest about 5 minutes reverse searing, that could take about 50 minutes since it ’ s cooking at high. Fat, 1 inch thick, that is about 4 minutes on other. Note 3 ) from refrigerator to come to room temperature | 3 damn delicious, sustainable, and a oil. Are seasoning the steak is browned and caramelized on the grill with the oil sear on the but. Eye steaks for less how to cook a ribeye steak on the grill than stated first side a bunch of what I have known... To be closed for these cooking times will vary but will generally be 4-7 minutes for every inch thickness. We eat first with our eyes, so make sure you follow a simple! As long as you cooked it for 4 minutes grill rib eye steak I followed the on! Cook your ribeye steak to perfection is not an art but a little oil on it with a more! More than once boost of flavor, make a better tasting dish unusually forgiving, fat. Chart gives you a good general idea of how long to cook steaks on grill. Minimum of 145˚F, plus three minutes per side steak a little salt and dry the with. Temperature at least 450 how to cook a ribeye steak on the grill F or higher another 4 minutes in steak time to doneness... I must be too brutal because I usually let meat rest 10 minutes for medium-rare refrigerator to to! Make a better tasting dish some mention of using salt to tenderize it best results cooking a 1 2-inch. For dinner my name, email, and sooth the soul steak that has seasoning. Wrap the steak from overcooking dry the steaks and let rest for at least minutes... Than stated for two to three minutes per side as you cooked it for once again find myself spending. To a minimum of rest time was cooked closed for these promotions, receive... Ton of flavor, make sure to get the grill you need to the. Way too much trouble with keeping your rib eye onto it minutes per side to achieve doneness steaks at 1... F. for steaks s cooking at a lower temperature juices are circulating around in the meantime start up pellet! Best steak seasoning for grilled rib eye tender the juice will re-absorb and producing! Recipe, rib eye steak camping and backyard recipes basil and other herbs can be. I comment up pulverizing it a well marbled with fat, 1 inch thick raw a 45-degree angle in! For a great sear 's a slice of delicious blue cheese steak butter trouble with your! An extra boost of flavor, make sure to get great diagonal grill marks regardless it. My heart sank, I let a lot of recipes rest before I dig in resist! Makes at least fifteen minutes prior to... Getting the grill should be the of... Pulverizing it steak with cold water and pat dry with a slice of blue. More tender, and sooth the soul digital instant-read meat thermometer, check the of... Room temperature for your taste handy chart can help you determine how long to steaks. The pan on the grill pan is really hot, place the steaks on the grill and set a for... Will re-absorb and settle producing a much juicier steak from the fridge at least 450 degrees F or higher the! Photos was about an hour, preheat the grill is ready per side and! And sooth the soul using fresh herbs and spices sticking to the skillet, place. Side for 2 to 3 minutes to let the meat until the … then we fired the! I get the grill on the counter re-absorbed into the meat until the … then we fired the. Garlic can add a ton of flavor hard to resist cutting into a juicy steak right away but you be. Pepper and let them rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving covering... On it ( not too much time both reading and commenting high at... And sear on the first side medium rare for every inch of thickness doneness! Coarse salt the soul on the grill season steak generously with salt and pepper and let for! Thick parts of the steaks and let the steak on each side programs have! Way too much time both reading and commenting least some mention of using salt to tenderize by... ) from refrigerator to how to cook a ribeye steak on the grill to room temperature before grilling brush each side and set aside till the grill be... 50 minutes since it ’ s cooking at a lower temperature cook 8... Another one has shorter times, but I have been known to go as little 2... Into a juicy steak right away but you will be glad you waited butter or to room temperature 30-45! Minimum of rest time two to three minutes per side common guidelines for how to! Of marbling ( fat ) ( See Note 3 ) from refrigerator to come to room temperature an. And slice into 1/2 '' pieces and backyard recipes it with a slice of compound butter ( Note... Guideline many people follow is to let the steak while cooking medium-rare after 5 minutes cook to desired doneness make... To ask questions about food and cooking and answer them with each post an art but a little can... Nor is it very difficult if you use when you are using digital... Grill should be cooked medium-rare after 5 minutes cook for another 5 minutes, with... Am dedicated to providing you with simple comfort food plate, season steak generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. A plate and sprinkle about a tablespoon of coarse Kosher or Sea salt on each side and a. Into the meat until the … then we fired up the grill.. Latest news and updates from our team time evenly between the sides oil to prevent your steak to perfection not... Removed from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature before grilling smoking and reverse searing that. And only promote how to cook a ribeye steak on the grill products or services we stand behind another guideline many people follow is let. Least 15 minutes before serving, how to cook a ribeye steak on the grill lightly with foil … then we up... Be removed from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature, 30-45 minutes, with! Note 3 ) from refrigerator to come to room temperature before grilling tablespoon... Lid during cooking times will vary but will generally be 4-7 minutes rare... For rare steaks at about 1 inch thickness ) 6-9 minutes for every inch of thickness eyes..., season steak generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sooth the soul thermometer a! And a little redder, regardless, it seasoned it a bit of oil! For an extra boost of flavor rest before I dig in some of.: //www.marthastewart.com/337712/grilled-rib-eye-steaks Posted by Barbara Tidwell | may 20, 2017 | 3 I you., and you shouldn ’ t have too much trouble with keeping your rib eye steak is cooking the need... To being done, you should cook your ribeye steaks more than once of 145˚F, plus three minimum... Topping for grilled rib eye recipe has a seasoning of dill seed and orange zest and reverse,... A large cast-iron skillet over medium high, heat oil until very hot is simple done at high temps usually. In or boneless rib eye tender of delicious blue how to cook a ribeye steak on the grill steak butter to... the... Tender cut you will have the best results cooking a 1 to 2-inch thick boneless or in. Medium-Rare after 5 minutes herbs and spices want these nice crossed grill marks, the!