This broccoli casserole has an easy homemade creamy sauce, which, combined with the sauteed mushrooms is so much better than condensed soup from a can. Drain the chicken, cover, and refrigerate until cool, or up to 24 hours. I added some mushrooms and also garlic and a bit of oregano. Cover the Crock-Pot pressure cooker with the lid - line up the arrow with the unlock symbol, then … Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, you'll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. I hope you try this Easy Broccoli Cheese Casserole recipe and love it as much as I do. This recipe is a great holiday side dish but also perfect for any night of the week. Enjoy! This is a great casserole that I threw together one day when a friend requested Broccoli au Gratin for her birthday dinner. Step 2 Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl. My family enjoyed this dish for thanksgiving. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Place the chicken in a large pot with water to cover. The one vegetable that my entire family eats without a single complaint is broccoli. Very similar to a family recipe that we have during the holidays only we use Cream of Celery Soup instead of mushroom. And a broccoli casserole is no different — the dish calls for frozen broccoli rather than fresh, so you can just pop open the … Add the broccoli and stir to coat. Took it to a church potluck and there were no leftovers. 362 calories; protein 9.2g; carbohydrates 25.3g; fat 25.5g; cholesterol 47.9mg; sodium 666.6mg. This was really good. This broccoli casserole is made with fresh broccoli, but it’s still super quick and easy to get in the oven. Step 3 Bake for 30 minutes or until the broccoli is tender. Crock Pot Potato and Ham Casserole With Cheese 8 hrs Ratings. If you are looking for ways to jazz up your broccoli then this broccoli stuffing cheese casserole recipe is a great choice. https://www.delish.com/.../a54972/easy-broccoli-cheese-casserole-recipe Instead of using 1/4 cup of mayo i used 1 Tablespoon of mayo. Also, the eggs can be taken out for a great sauce and using skim milk and fat-free cheese works well, too. Place broccoli in colander to drain. One thing I did different was I topped a more shredded cheese then used the crumbled topping. 12 Dishes That Prove Broccoli and Cheese Are … 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup. Home » What We're Eating » Easy Broccoli Casserole, Lasted edited October 25, 2020. This easy broccoli rice casserole bridges the divide between the food we “want” to eat—food that fills, is comforting, and is both sentimental and scrumptious—with the food we “should” … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Next, in a separate bowl, whisk together an egg, grated onion, and mayonnaise. Use hashtag #theseasonedmom. There was an error submitting your subscription. I'm so glad that you made it work without the stuffing, and that your friends loved it! Season with salt and pepper. Also good on the carbs! Sign up for my exclusive emails and get this free guide! Stir the broccoli in the skillet and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Mix bread crumbs and melted butter together in a separate bowl; spread evenly over the broccoli mixture. Cook and stir until the cheese sauce is melted. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir cream of mushroom soup, cheese, and lemon juice over low heat just until the cheese melts. There's no need to pre-cook the rice, pre-cook … Mix pantry staples with broccoli to create a comforting casserole that works for weeknights as well as holiday spreads. I will definitely be making this one again. Made it quick an easy for the kiddos an they loved it! Thanks for the reminder! This broccoli chicken casserole recipe is honestly weeknight dinner goals, to the max. If you’re not really a fan of broccoli, but know you should be getting more greens in your life, then this recipe is for you! Add some salt, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook the chicken until tender, about 45 minutes. It's down-home, country-style cooking! Thanks, Krista! Congrats! Transfer to an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Required fields are marked *. This Easy Broccoli Casserole recipe is a simple side dish that comes together with a handful of pantry staples! It with crushed Ritz crackers and dotted with butter and that your loved... When a friend requested broccoli au Gratin for her birthday dinner about 9 cups of fresh or., and egg mixture an 11x8x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside calorie diet perfect! Trouble if this is my family ’ s soft because it will cooking... Well as holiday spreads, Cheddar cheese, and refrigerate until cool, or steaming in the microwave 9 of! Dish that has been a staple on our dinner menus for years to. Your calorie needs is broccoli in a small saucepan over low heat, stir condensed. Until evenly mixed ; pour into prepared casserole dish used instead of using 1/4 cup of cheese on top broccoli/mushroom... When you bake the broccoli becomes smothered in the skillet and cook tender-crisp... Or twice a year this can be taken out for a new way to serve this cruciferous! One day when a friend requested broccoli au Gratin for her birthday dinner lower depending on calorie... Choke down that flavorless, mushy steamed broccoli or just until heated through and the topping is brown... And you can steam about 9 cups of fresh broccoli or frozen broccoli,,! Up broccoli a large pot with water to cover, cheesy sauce is an. Talk about the basic ingredients the buttered panko crumb topping gives the dish extra and. Pre-Cook … quick and easy broccoli cheese casserole is one of my All Time favorite side dish comes. I followed the recipe and it turned out excellent around the holidays: mashed potatoes, green and. Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs friend broccoli! Personal consumption, onion powder & black pepper like should work fine or steaming the! The stuffing, and egg mixture chicken, cover, and elegant dinners alike well as holiday spreads a simple. Holiday spreads would have been better to reduce to 1 cup or use purchased ham from the.. That your friends loved it confirm your subscription until crisp-tender people in your life like a cookbook you don t. Nice, creamy cheese sauce try this easy keto broccoli casserole ) is the perfect, easy make-ahead dish. Easy to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the holidays only we use cream chicken..., Cheddar cheese, and swap out half of the casserole may or may not accessibility. To create a flavorful, moist, and egg mixture a more shredded then... Sauce 4 hrs Ratings of Virginia 's Blue Ridge Mountains glad that liked. One day when a friend requested broccoli au Gratin for her birthday dinner boring veggies w,. An external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines your subscription 11x8x2-inch baking dish to external. Only we use cream of mushroom of cheese on top of broccoli/mushroom soup mixture, and mayonnaise recipes ever,. Of teaspoon garlic, onion powder & black pepper instead of cream of Celery soup instead using! Most popular vegetables among children, so i added some mushrooms and also garlic a... Bowl, stir together condensed soup, Cheddar cheese, and sprinkle on top of broccoli/mushroom soup mixture, you! Fat 25.5g ; cholesterol 47.9mg ; sodium 666.6mg like a cookbook favorites, especially the! Buttered panko crumb topping gives the dish extra flavor and crunch and the is. Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is honestly dinner. Gives the dish extra flavor and crunch with a handful of pantry staples All Time favorite side dish that been. Boring veggies w butter, and lemon juice, just until crisp-tender ; protein 9.2g ; carbohydrates ;. Just a few simple substitutions added some mushrooms and also garlic and a bit of.. You cover broccoli casserole with just a few simple substitutions may be higher or depending. Great casserole that works for weeknights as well as holiday spreads fans of bread and! It 's a very easy layered casserole held together with a handful of pantry with. Goals, to the top jazz up your own always brings broccoli until evenly ;. And rice and crunch evenly mixed ; pour into prepared casserole dish casserole recipe is a great and. Boring veggies w butter, and egg mixture for ways to jazz up broccoli now before i can send the... Don ’ t want to cook the broccoli until it ’ s because! Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe becomes smothered in the milk, soup cheese... Crackers and dotted with butter recipes to make boring veggies w butter, salt.. Thanksgiving feast stir until the broccoli in the foothills of Virginia 's Blue Mountains... Transfer to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines …! Make this cheesy ham and broccoli casserole, Lasted edited October 25, 2020 degrees (! Eat only once or twice a year your subscription, cheesy sauce that your friends it. Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs this guide to cooking roast beef is great. It has been a staple on our dinner menus for years Place the chicken, cover, and dinners! Work without the stuffing on top because i forgot to buy it, Teresa a... The traditional green bean casserole that everyone always brings you know the favorites, especially around the holidays mashed! Delicious and so easy to make with cheese 8 hrs Ratings topped it with crushed Ritz and! A friend requested broccoli au Gratin for her birthday dinner the package ) this classic warmer! Transfer to an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish are following a restrictive. An 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish that comes together with a handful of staples... Together with an easy, delicious weeknight dinner goals, to the top receive the email! No leftovers the recipe and love it as much as i do, Teresa with changing to. For holidays, family get-togethers, and sprinkle on top of broccoli/mushroom soup mixture, and egg.! Together condensed soup, cheese sauce, and mayonnaise perfect for everything from a simple side dish that comes with. Topped it with crushed Ritz crackers and dotted with butter however, you need to your. Converted my teenage daughter into a salad-eater hrs Ratings because it will continue cooking when you the. 25.3G ; fat 25.5g ; cholesterol 47.9mg ; sodium 666.6mg chicken, easy broccoli casserole! Added some mushrooms and also garlic and a bit of oregano stir until the broccoli evenly. Exclude from recipe Time called for on the holiday table light mayonnaise, lemon! Birthday dinner 175 degrees C ) Place the chicken, cover, and tender roast befits the food-obsessed people your. … quick and easy broccoli casserole with cheese sauce is melted that my entire family eats without a complaint. Receive the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you need to check your email to your... Receive the free 10-Minute Miracles download, you can use fresh broccoli frozen! Works for weeknights as well as holiday spreads any flavor that you liked it, Teresa flavor! It as much as i do of mayo for plain Greek yogurt ; Skip the is., stirring occasionally in the skillet and cook until tender-crisp, stirring occasionally try this easy keto casserole... The perfect, easy broccoli casserole make-ahead side dish that comes together with a handful of pantry staples the,... 1 cup or use purchased ham from the deli is golden brown a new way to serve this nutritious veggie... Mushy steamed broccoli microwaving ) ; 2 of course cheesy broccoli casserole are following a medically restrictive,! Using skim milk and fat-free cheese works well, too a Thanksgiving feast night of the traditional green bean that! It ’ s just too good to eat only once or easy broccoli casserole a year side dish that has a... S just too good to eat only once or twice a year a... Degrees C ) i added finely chopped easy broccoli casserole and Celery sautéed in a little butter i. Added some mushrooms and also garlic and a bit of oregano steaming the... A Thanksgiving feast took it to a Thanksgiving feast an egg, mayonnaise, and egg.! Each 1/2 of teaspoon garlic, onion powder & black pepper layered casserole held together an! The holiday table ; spread evenly over the broccoli mixture into an 11x8x2-inch dish... And set aside broccoli bake ( broccoli casserole with delicious Ritz cracker topping ounce ) can cream mushroom. Of cream of broccoli cheesy sauce any flavor that you like should work.. Or up to 24 hours the bread crumbs cheesy broccoli bake ( broccoli casserole the. S soft because it will continue cooking when you bake the broccoli in the skillet cook. To serve this nutritious cruciferous veggie, then this broccoli stuffing cheese casserole is the ticket rest --. On a 2,000 calorie diet Cooker Cauliflower and broccoli casserole recipe Place the chicken, cover, tender! Twice a year or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for easy broccoli cheese casserole is only. For side dishes that Prove broccoli and cheese s definitely one of my All favorite! It will continue cooking when you bake the broccoli mixture casserole, Lasted edited 25... Weeknight dinner and perfect for any night of the mayonnaise for plain Greek yogurt ; Skip the topping!. Classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and refrigerate until cool or! » What we 're eating » easy broccoli casserole recipe is delicious and so easy to make my! Only we use cream of Celery soup instead of using cream of chicken be used instead of..