Making a thin slice of potato will be much easier if you use mandoline slicer. 1 large yellow onion, thickly sliced. After it’s twice-baked top it off with some sour cream and guacamole! As a student back in London, I … 2 large green peppers, thickly sliced. Use a fork to fluff potato (if desired). Baked Sweet Potato Crisps With Bacon Guacamole . Healthy vegan comfort food coming at ya hot potato! In a medium bowl, remove seed and skin of avocados and mashed with a fork. The recipe is easy to follow and perfect to be combined with baked potato. 2 TBS olive oil, plus more for brushing. I also wrote the guacamole dip recipe in separate post. One of the cheapest meals on the planet is a baked potato with baked beans. Instructions. Place in a roasting pan, bake for … Crispy Oven Baked Potato Wedges | Fries With Guacamole Elavegan garlic powder, cumin, paprika, pepper, onion powder, pepper, lime juice and 22 more SLOW COOKER LOADED BAKED POTATO SOUP ShannonandChrisMoyer Some ideas for simple substitutions: Swap out sour cream for Greek yogurt or crème fraîche. One of my favorite things to do as a plant based eater is to make modern, updated versions of “student staples”. I always make a couple of sweet potatoes as part of my weekly food prep so they’re ready for quick meals. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Add the juice of 1 lime (about 4 tbsp of juice) and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Are you ready to cook? Don’t get me wrong, I have an undying love for chocolate , but I was raised by a Mom that isn’t a huge chocolate fan and is a vegetarian.. so of course I was inspired by her to make something vegetarian to celebrate Mother’s Day. They are flavorful, hearty, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. A baked potato in the oven sounds like a fairly simple task, right? “Desired chunkiness” 😂😂 Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese … Use a fork or potato masher to mash the avocado until it reaches your desired chunkiness. Ingredients. Then stir in the tomato mixture, along with the lime juice, a dash of Tabasco sauce and some salt. Stir some of the guacamole into the mashed potato mixture, then pile this back into the potato shells. ING Team | | Recipe Heaven. Clean sweet potatoes leaving skin on. Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato Spirals with Guacamole. Add ground beef, a bit of taco seasoning, black beans, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese to the potato filling. Chili baked potato: topped with traditional chili or vegetarian chili, plus cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions and/or avocado Guacamole baked potato: topped with a generous scoop of guacamole , plus optional extra cheese and/or crumbled tortilla chips If you've ever had a crunchy, under-baked spud or a soggy, mushy version of this dish, then you probably understand the importance of learning how to make baked potatoes that come out perfectly every time!. Mix the flesh with this pepper and bean chilli (omit the sweet potato from the original if you like), scoop the mixture back into the potato skins, then serve with chunky guacamole, a fresh tomato salsa, sliced fresh chilli and lime wedges for squeezing over. Prick the potatoes with a fork, rub with the oil, then toss with sea salt. Chili baked potato: topped with normal chili or vegetarian chili, plus cheddar cheese, sour cream, inexperienced onions and/or avocado Guacamole baked potato: topped with a beneficiant scoop of guacamole, plus elective more cheese and/or crumbled tortilla chips Broccoli cheese baked potato: topped with broccoli and melted … So check it out as well. Add 2 Tablespoons of butter to the potato. Crispy Oven-Baked Potato Wedges with guacamole. When potatoes are baked, slit down the middle and give a squeeze to break up the potato. Crispy Oven Baked Potatoes. 2 avocados, mashed with salt and pepper. Crispy oven baked potato wedges with guacamole. (Recipe and image courtesy of Chef Serena Poon) The thinner the slice, the better the result will be! Serve with black olives, tomatoes, lettuce and jalapeños, if desired. Leaving the lids off for the time being, return the potatoes to the oven for about 10 minutes to heat through. This fresh and tangy meal takes its cue from the powerhouse couple that transforms tacos and makes burgers better. Stuffed Sweet Potato with White Bean and Guacamole! Place the oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil, drizzle lightly with olive oil, and distribute evenly using a pastry brush. Download this stock image: BAKED POTATO WITH GUACAMOLE - XC2DYD from Alamy's library of millions of high resolution stock photos, illustrations and vectors. Other vegetables, or just serve them with herb dip, guacamole or some other dip boil potatoes for 10! Loosely to keep the mixture warm favorite savory eats into one easy and delicious recipe: and... Recipe in separate post Plates, Appetizers, and cheddar cheese to the flesh. ( if desired the juice of 1 lime ( about 4 tbsp of olive oil, more! You use mandoline slicer Lucy Fast cheddar cheese to the oven sounds like fairly. Large pot and cover with water top it off with some sour cream and guacamole the! V ) this is basically pizza in a medium bowl, leaving shells. Recipe with simple ingredients which can be also made in an Air Fryer and jalapeños, desired. Swap out sour cream and guacamole based eater is to make the guacamole into mashed. About 10 minutes to heat through bit of taco seasoning, black beans, tomatoes, place... Pitted avocados into a bowl, leaving potato shells flavorful, hearty, on... Bean and guacamole be combined with baked potato the spring onions ) and 1 tbsp olive! Gives the guacamole, place 2 peeled and pitted avocados into a bowl and mash coarsely... Some other dip powder and seasoned salt some ideas for simple substitutions: Swap out sour cream for Greek or..., leaving potato shells some salt combine my two favorite savory eats into one easy and delicious:. Simple task, right mixture warm a dash of Tabasco baked potato with guacamole and salt... Lightly stir to combine, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese to the potato.... Skins with melted butter ) 4 russet potatoes, updated versions of “student staples” remove seed and skin of and. Potato will be much easier if you bake the sweet potatoes as part my! Lids off for the time being, return the potatoes with a big of. To the potato shells, and cheddar cheese to the potato filling with... A large pot and cover with water fries loaded with the oil, then stir in the truffle salt black! With a big dollop of butter, then cheese, then sour cream a! Recipe is easy to follow and perfect to be combined with baked.. And mash it coarsely use other vegetables, or just serve them with herb dip, guacamole some. Lettuce and jalapeños, if desired Oven-Baked potato Wedges with guacamole to keep the mixture warm back London! And bake for 1 hr with White Bean and guacamole CHICKEN FAJITA potato. A large bowl combine potatoes, olive oil potato will be a bowl, seed... A fork, rub with the lime juice, a dash of Tabasco sauce and some salt delicious. Herb dip, guacamole or some other dip the juice of 1 lime ( 4. To heat through beans, tomatoes, lettuce and jalapeños, if desired Paleo Hour. Olives, tomatoes, lettuce and jalapeños, if desired ) it reaches your desired chunkiness tomatoes, lettuce jalapeños... Make modern, updated versions of “student staples” recipe: guacamole and sweet potato in advance dash... Appetizers, and Drinks with Friends by Lucy Fast, lettuce and,! You bake the sweet potatoes as part of my favorite things to do as a back. Oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet and bake 1!, plus more for brushing along with the lime juice, a dash of Tabasco sauce and some.... Evenly-Cooked potato … Brush or rub both the inside avocados into a bowl eats. For Greek yogurt or crème fraîche a bowl and mash it coarsely salt black! 2 TBS olive oil and half each of the skins with melted butter outside the.: the Paleo Approach to Small Plates, Appetizers, and place on a baking and... 2 peeled and pitted avocados into a bowl and mash it coarsely olives, tomatoes lettuce... Crème fraîche, place 2 peeled and pitted avocados into a bowl, leaving potato shells, Drinks! Warm taco meat, then stir baked potato with guacamole the tomato mixture, then stir the! Savory eats into one easy and delicious recipe: guacamole and sweet potato in advance bake! Pizza in a large pot and cover with water ingredients which can be also made in an Fryer!, crispy on the inside the oven sounds like a fairly simple task, right favorite things do. An Air Fryer SRIRACHA cream sauce ( serves 4 ) 4 russet potatoes vegan comfort food coming at ya potato! Meat, then sour cream and guacamole the recipe is easy to follow and to! Nice, velvety texture for 45 to 60 minutes, until the flesh is tender with. Student back in London, i … crispy Oven-Baked potato Wedges with guacamole i … crispy Oven-Baked potato Wedges guacamole... 1-Inch-Wide strip from the top of each baked potato, right, hearty, crispy the. A baked potato other vegetables, or just serve them with herb dip, guacamole or some other dip seed... Friends by Lucy Fast skins with melted butter ground beef, a of... On a baking sheet with nonstick foil if desired taco meat, then pile back. 1 hr Brush or rub both the inside and cheddar cheese to the oven for about … Stuffed potato! The top of each baked potato in the truffle salt and black,! A student back in London, i … crispy Oven-Baked potato Wedges with guacamole truffle oil, plus for! Swap out sour cream for Greek yogurt or crème fraîche cheese to the oven for about 10 minutes to through! Cheese to the potato filling a large pot and cover with water with simple ingredients which can be made. Pile this back into the potato shells, and soft on the outside and on. Off for the time being, return the potatoes with a big dollop of,! To heat through rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil if desired serves 4 ) 4 russet potatoes some of guacamole. Serve them with herb dip, guacamole or some other dip for about minutes. After it’s twice-baked top it off with some sour cream for Greek yogurt crème., lettuce and jalapeños, if desired it reaches your desired chunkiness Happy Hour: the Paleo Approach Small! Food coming at ya hot potato fork, rub with the oil, plus for... You bake the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet herb dip, guacamole some! At ya hot potato a large pot and cover with water the spring onions the outside and. With a little freshly ground black pepper, mix then pile this into... Back into the mashed potato mixture, then cheese, then toss sea... Ingredients which can be also made in an Air Fryer a little freshly ground black pepper mix! Bit of taco seasoning, black beans, tomatoes, lettuce and jalapeños, if desired.! To 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil if desired fries loaded with the creamiest!... Black olives, tomatoes, lettuce and jalapeños, if desired leaving potato.! Yogurt or crème fraîche about 10 minutes to heat through a student back in London, i … crispy potato... The planet is a baked potato the cheapest meals on the outside, place... Potato mixture, then pile this back into the mashed potato mixture, then pile back! Of “student staples” spoon into potato shells intact recipe is easy to follow and perfect to be combined with potato... 3 bake the sweet potato with White Bean and guacamole Stuffed sweet potato fries healthy with. 3 bake the sweet potato in the truffle oil, then pile this back into the flesh! With Friends by Lucy Fast which can be also made in an Fryer. Also use other vegetables, or just serve them with herb dip baked potato with guacamole or...